Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rough Week+

The last week and one half have been stressful and sent me off kilter. What happened during this time? Well, I've applied for a few jobs and since I have been out of the game for so long, I'm not used to the ups and downs of wondering what is happening with the application -- will I get an interview? Did I complete the online application form correctly? Should I have worded something differently? I'm a wreck.

To make matters worse, a fellow that I have worked on and off with over the last half year contacted me out of the blue. His startup has finally been registered, although, he's still looking for seed money to get the venture off the ground. He needed some help with code that I had written months ago, and frankly my heart just isn't into it. I guess my hopes were/are up with the jobs that I have applied for.

I've let my work on the Master's project slide this week. And I've barely run at all - which is bad.

I still have no word back from my main supervisor re: my last two courses and that is also weighing on my mind. Why is she avoiding me?

Sometimes I think too much; actually, sometimes I worry too much. Today I need to get back to my project and get on with life.

P.S. This is a test post using Google Docs.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Sad to hear this K. It could be because of the changing to DST because I'm feeling it too. Although, I did some calculations and discovered that my path to true savings should start when I pay off the old credit card bill - which, by the way could happen at the end of the month if I manage to get my income tax refund by then.

Keep it up though. I know it's tough. I'll email you a little later to tell you of the struggles I'm having at the office here.

Have you tried calling your supervisor? Maybe she's off on stress leave of something...

I'm thinking of you. Just keep plugging away at it. It'll get there!