Friday, January 18, 2008

Items #2 & #3: Get More Exercise & Eat Healthier!

Actually, this has been going quite well. I've tried to eat less "junk"and replace it with fruit & veg. So far, so good although I did slip up this week and eat chocolate (which I'm not very fond of anyway) and one bag of cheezies. I thought that is what my body was wanting but it turns out I was wrong. It's more likely that I was a little dehydrated and what I really wanted was water. So, today I'm back to fruit, yoghurt and vegetables. It feels good.

Exercise has morphed into walking as much as I can. It also became a necessity because of the shitty bus service in my area. I now walk everyday in some form or another. My plantar fasciatus has been acting up but probably because the calluses were softened after my pedicure this week. So, I've gotten the moleskin out and it seems to be doing the job.

I've also started a little weight program at home along with squats, crunches, girly push-ups and some yoga stretching. I've also started two yoga classes a week. One kundalini and a hatha yoga class on Sundays & Mondays.

It really does feel better having got some exercise. I no longer feel like a slug and I can see that clothes fit a bit better.

1 comment:

Kirby Shabaga said...

Great job!

I've been hit and miss with my running. Today I actually felt "old" and needed a nap after dinner.

Don't feel bad about having some snacks, my addiction is potato chips. There is a saying in our house, "An open bag, is an empty bag". I figure if I limit myself to one small bag a week that should be allowed :-)