Friday, February 1, 2008

Lola plods along...

I feel like I'm neglecting this blog however I am still on the path to completion. It may not seem like it's going very quickly but the truth is, I'm not on a backward slide so that's all good. I just have to realize that things cannot happen instantaneously...

My space hasn't been cleaned entirely but I can still manage to see both the top of my desk and the floor. That's a really good thing. I will be embarking on a filing project to move all of my financial records from the tin boxes under my bed to something more condusive for filing. It'll decrease my floor space but at least things will be tidy. I also plan to take the things to the consignment stores over the next week to free up some more of that space. Wish me luck!

As far as other things that are on my list, they goes as follows:

Get more exercise: Well, the weather has been cold and slippery so I haven't been doing much walking but I have been doing my crunches and a few upper body exercises with and without weights. Oh, and the yoga thing is going well. I'm planning to purchase a set of kundalini yoga dvds so that I can do more of that at home. I found a site where I can get what I'm wanting at a much cheaper price due to both the low price and the great exchange rate we've been enjoying lately... Oh, and I wanted to show my enthusiasm for this photo gallery of a playground for pensioners in the UK. I think that we should have many more of these... It'd decrease the need for gyms...

Eat better: Okay, so if I say the word caffeine and chocolate (which I really don't like anyway), you know that I haven't exactly been doing that well with this. I do try to get some vegetables though...

Lottery savings fund: I'll make another substantial deposit by phone tomorrow. (I've got to do some clever financial work to make that happen and won't get to it until the end of the day). Anyway, I'll be two-thirds the way there by Monday morning.

No real comment on the last two items. I really have to get item four plus some errant bills out of the way before I can start on them.

Sorry about the brevity of this. I've got to go and eat lunch...

2 comments:

Kirby Shabaga said...

Great update!

I'm still working on decluttering the home office - it's amazing how much stuff I have to go through.

Re: caffeine. A couple of days ago I had a grande caffe mocha in the mid-morning followed by a chai latte in the mid-afternoon. It completely wrecked me. I had a terrible evening and felt like #$%! I think it's better if I stick to water and the occasional plain tea.

Take it easy.

Lola said...

Oh my gosh. That would have absolutely KILLED me... I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week.

Thank you as well for the advice. I'll try to take it easy but it might be difficult tonight because it's our third member's birthday party tonight...

Cheers!